23 February 2011

My first pair of diving fin.

 

Didn’t realize that I have not posted anything since June 2010.  I have not been actively shooting.  Some of the things I have shot are not posted for public viewing as well.  This is 1 photo that I have shot today.  It is my first pair of fins.  The Jet Fin.  Set up is simple.

 

Equipment used:

  • Nikon D700
  • Tamron 28-75mm 2.8F
  • SB800 with black foam sheet as snoot
  • 1 pair of Jet Fin
  • 1 small box (To be placed under the top fin to stabilize it)

 

My idea is to use 1 flash to bring out the logo on the fin.  I decided to use only 1 flash, shoot in low angle to create a harsh shadow the make the logo visible and still create a low key photo since the fin is all black.  The water droplets were not there in the initial testing.  After several shots, I find the fin looks rather white.  Hence, use a damp paper towel hoping to remove it.  Upon seeing the droplets, I think it may go well with the fin.  I now feel that I have too little of them.  Smile

 

Camera setting: F14, 1/250, ISO 100, flash setting to commander mode with built in flash off and slave TTL –3.0.

Flash Setting: Remote triggered by D700.

_LYL3724

No comments:

Post a Comment