14 April 2009

Flash Photography

Went to Steward Riverboat for dinner with my gang on Sat.  Tried some flash photography on the food.  It was disastrous.  I was pondering how come there is so much camera shake.  Isn’t my flash powerful enough?  I have finally understood what happened.

I was being tunnel vision.  I keep wanting to take the pictures keeping the ambience lighting and end up setting my camera high ISO, Max aperture and shutter speed to setting at –1EV.  This is damn slow for the kind of lighting that we have.  Since I am taking picture of the food, who cares about the ambience light anyway?  If I really want, then use the colour gel!!!!!  From now on, when taking picture of food, I will set low ISO and at speed that I can get sharp pictures hand-held.  However….. No direct flash.  Let’s see if I can get a better picture. 

For taking picture with the beautiful ladies and having the background in, if it is too far, well to bad a tripod plus rear curtain flash will be my mode of shot i guess.  If hand-held, sorry ladies, I will set at ISO 400, max aperture and at speed 1/focus –1stop for non VR lense and –3stop for VR lens.  There goes the background.  No point having a camera shake background and keep a rather sharp subject anyway.  I would prefer my subject to stay sharp.

Let’s see if there will be any improvement in my next flash photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment