27 October 2009

My Wine Glass Reshoot II - edited

Reshoot my wine glass for the 3rd time.  This time, I switched off all the lights, used a torch with reflectors to observe how the lights light up the glass.  I have concluded that I cannot take the kind of shot that I want with 1 single shot.  Maybe I can but I have not figured how to place the light yet. 

Hence, I decide to take 3 pictures.  Light up the left side to how I want it to light up. Light up the right side to how I want and light up the rim of the glass.

I couldn’t get the rim lighted up properly alone as I cannot hold the torch and see how it looks like at camera’s perspective.  No choice.  Just pump it up.  Still couldn’t get it right.  Sigh.  Pumped it up in ACR and merge the 3 photos in PS.  Below is the result.

Is it better than the previous shots?  I hope it is. 

Photomerge1 copy

Edited this photo due to comment from people in CS to help me improve the picture.  I guess I really need to get a monitor and calibrate it properly.  Currently still using my Samsung TV. hehehe.

Photomerge1 copy

No comments:

Post a Comment