11 June 2009

Trip to Bali - Looking back

Things I liked about the trip.

- Know new friend.

- Survived oversea alone.

- Took lots of pictures.

- Nice food.

- Cheap Message.

Things I dislike about the trip.

- Too little time spent there. Should have stayed longer. To me, 1 week also too little. There is too many place to go in Bali. If 1 week, is really just for fun and stay in 1 place only. Think of this. Go rafting, 1 afternoon gone. Go play sea sport and giant turtle island, 1 morning and half afternoon gone.

- During the half day tour, guide bring us to many place to buy things. Think he have a cut when we buy. Cannot blame him as this is his livelihood and it is free. Next time, maybe can skip the free tour and get my own guide and really just go photo taking and site seeing instead. Maybe can plan which day to play what as well. Sometimes, things to play no need guide to bring you 1. Should be more interesting to me.

- Myself in photography. I realized there is a great difference in my D700 and D70s’s LCD screen. In D70s, picture appeared underexposed but in fact, correctly exposed. As a result, I +1EV for almost all the pictures I took. I failed to check the histogram and highlights which ended needing to correct and salvage a lot of pictures. Some overblown highlights cannot be recovered like the portrait of Alan’s son on the boat. This could have been avoided if I were to check. I shouldn't have trusted my eyes looking at the LCD of the camera. Really disappointed with my pictures in this trip. Will be better the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment